The Coopers Gap Wind Farm is located near Cooranga North, Queensland, approximately 250km West of Brisbane. The project consisted of 123 GE 3.6MW/3.8MW turbines for client AGL and at the time of completion in 2019 was the largest wind farm in Australia. CATCON were contracted in an EPC Consortium agreement with GE for the engineering (design), procurement and construction of the project.
CATCON’s works on-site included; earthworks, roadworks, hardstand construction, WTG foundations, cabling as well as O&M facilities. A key challenge during the project were working with three separate cultural heritage groups to minimise disturbance of possible culturally important areas located within the project development zone.
Facts & Figures:
- 92 km of access road
- 400,000m3 of bulk earthworks
- 380,000 ton of site won pavement material
- 76,000m3 of blinding/structural concrete
- 7,200 ton of structural reinforcement
- 4 different types of gravity footings